Review ~ Passionate Addiction by Eden Summers

Passionate Addiction (Reckless Beat, #2)Title: Passionate Addiction
Author: Eden Summers
Series: Reckless Beat #2
Genre: Erotic Romance
Published: November 14th 2013






He’s been her ultimate untouchable desire. 

Nothing says happy birthday like a rock god flying thousands of miles to surprise a woman he's never met. But that's exactly what happens to Gabi Smith when she gives her long distance best friend a flippant invitation to her laid back girl’s night out. She never expected to turn on the dance floor and find Blake Kennedy’s gaze holding her body captive.

She’s his everything and he’s never laid eyes on her. 

Gabi means more to Blake than life itself. She’s his strength, his savior, and the only person who helped to vanquish his demons. No one means more to him than his angel. So when things between them start to sizzle, he's ready to fight for the future he never thought he would deserve.

Skeletons from his past will threaten his only chance at love... 

Blake has come a long way—with Gabi's help—to leave the hell of his youth behind him, but sometimes memories don’t want to stay buried. Determined to stand on his own for once, Blake is willing to stretch the truth to keep his troubles from burdening the woman he adores.

Little white lies can create black holes in any relationship. Only time will tell if an Aussie with a heart of gold will forgive her bad-boy boyfriend or if the deceit will end his passionate addiction.
I fell for Blake in the first book of this series and was excited that he was getting his own book, but sad that he wouldn't be single anymore! I am just glad he fell for a fellow Aussie girl with a heart of gold… I will just live my fantasies through her!

Blake appeared to be pretty put together in Blind Attraction, but I soon learned that he has pretty solid walls that he hides behind and even his own band members, who he is close to, didn't realise the depth of his struggles. The only person who does know is Gabi, a girl he met in an online chat room when he was in the lowest point of his life. She was able to help him through his tough times and they have been there for each other ever since.

Gabi, to me is a normal Aussie girl who has grown up on the Gold Coast in Queensland. She attends uni, works and surfs. Her friendship with Blake runs deep and she likes to stalk him over the internet to get glimpses of his life. She would drop anything if he needed her without hesitation and he has shown her the same courtesy when she needed him too. While out clubbing on her birthday she gets the surprise of her life.

I liked how Blake and Gabi’s friendship grew over four years online and through phones calls. Not once had they met face to face and Blake had not even seen a picture of Gabi… Until now! This was pretty exciting and I actually had butterflies myself leading up to their first meeting! I was keen to see this because I knew it would be hot, and it was a little awkward between them at times, but I wasn't disappointed. Their chemistry was off the charts and their bond was strengthened as they became more intimate.

Passionate Addiction is my favourite book so far in the series and I really enjoy Eden’s writing style. She ties together a powerful plot with witty remarks and produces a scorching story. I loved both of the characters and being able to see the other band members again too. Reckless Weekend is coming out soon and I am looking forward to what the band members and their families are going to get up to!  



Other posts relating to Eden Summers

Review ~ Blind Attraction (Reckless Beat #1)

16 comments:

  1. Great review! I see you like your rock-star romances :) Glad this one blew you away!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like something I need to read :D hearing you praise the authors writing now left me wanting more heh plus...His a rocker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sherry. It has been a great series too far. I don't think it's too heavy on the bedroom scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, big fan of rockstars! I loved Blake in the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup... rocker.... and he is so yummy!! I hope you get to meet them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *ha* yep, we sure do have similar tastes in books, Naomi. And book boyfriends, apparently. :) I totally fell for Blake in Blind Attraction. *swoon* And I've been anxious to read Passionate Addiction. But, of course, I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm glad it ROCKED! And now I really can't wait. Fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An Aussie heroine YAY!!! I like that their friendship is built over four years, when there is a solid friend I always find the romance so much stronger and more believable. This book sounds sexy and very passionate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! BLAKE!! I want him.... LOVED him in BA! This was a great book for him, but I love him in the Reckless Weekend novella too.... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a fantastic friendship.... too bad it took so long for them to meet! They are an awesome couple!! It is a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was amazing... and I'm glad it wasn't too spontaneous! An original storyline for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bea @ Bea's Book NookMarch 24, 2014 at 6:53 AM

    Yes! I want this to happen in more romances.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too. It seems to be really fast built relationships lately. Slow it down a little!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember you talking about the first book in this series. I'm definitely intrigued!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehe... it's a little bit raunchy.... keep that in mind *wink* nothing over the top though Nicole!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not an erotic romance fan, but that is a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The gradual friendship to romance sounds amazing and something we don't see as much anymore

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)