Review ~ The Choice by Ashley Jade

The Choice (Star-Crossed Lovers Duet, #1)The Choice by Ashley Jade
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When is the next book coming? I was literally hooked to this read from start to finish! This book had the POV's of both Skylar and Memphis, but Memphis' brother Josh was a focal character as well. All three characters had troubled pasts and it was interesting to see who was drawn together and why.

Skylar struggled for such a long time and over time began to get confidence once again. I didn't like the way Josh treated her. Memphis admired Skylar from afar and kept his distance as much as he could. It appeared to Skylar that he didn't like her as he buired his feelings and emotions deep.

I enjoyed getting to know both of them, and how hard Memphis worked to achieve his dreams. Their connection grew the more time they spent together, and they began to open up and trust one another, which was difficult for them both. However, that ending was a cliffhanger... and I can't wait to see what happens next.


Title: The Choice
Author: Ashley Jade
Series: Star-Crossed Lovers Duet #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: January 19, 2023

The world thought I belonged to another man...
they were wrong.


He was the mysterious dark knight always swooping in to save me when I needed it most.
I was the troubled girl with scars and a bleeding heart.

He was the gifted guitarist destined for big things.
I was the small-town girl battling her demons.

He was my earth....always keeping me grounded.
And I was his sky...always just out of his reach.

Our love was everything I wished for.
Until I destroyed it.

I never thought I'd see Memphis Payne again after I broke his heart, but the stars had other plans.
Because here he is...needing me to clean up his mess this time.

Only problem is...
Doing so will break both our hearts.

They say only the strongest love can survive an apocalypse.
That if two people are meant to be, they'll find their way back to each other.

I hope they're right.


Please note: This duet is an angsty, spicy, dark romance with flawed characters and contains material that may elicit a strong emotional response for sensitive readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)