Waiting On Wednesday # 138 – The Stars Never Rise & Nowhere But Here


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

The Stars Never Rise
The Stars Never Rise (Untitled Series, #1)Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Untitled Series #1
Genre: YA Fantasy
Expected Publication: June 9th 2015





Sixteen-year-old Nina Kane should be worrying about her immortal soul, but she's too busy trying to actually survive. Her town's population has been decimated by soul-consuming demons, and souls are in short supply. Watching over her younger sister, Mellie, and scraping together food and money are all that matters. The two of them are a family. They gave up on their deadbeat mom a long time ago.

When Nina discovers that Mellie is keeping a secret that threatens their very existence, she'll do anything to protect her. Because in New Temperance, sins are prosecuted as crimes by the brutal Church and its army of black-robed exorcists. And Mellie's sin has put her in serious trouble.

To keep them both alive, Nina will need to trust Finn, a fugitive with deep green eyes who has already saved her life once and who might just be an exorcist. But what kind of exorcist wears a hoodie?

Wanted by the Church and hunted by dark forces, Nina knows she can't survive on her own. She needs Finn and his group of rogue friends just as much as they need her.

Nowhere But Here
Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road, #1)Author: Katie McGarry
Series: Thunder Road #1
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Expected Publication: May 26th 2015





An unforgettable new series from acclaimed author Katie McGarry about taking risks, opening your heart and ending up in a place you never imagined possible.

Seventeen-year-old Emily likes her life the way it is: doting parents, good friends, good school in a safe neighborhood. Sure, she's curious about her biological father—the one who chose life in a motorcycle club, the Reign of Terror, over being a parent—but that doesn't mean she wants to be a part of his world. But when a reluctant visit turns to an extended summer vacation among relatives she never knew she had, one thing becomes clear: nothing is what it seems. Not the club, not her secret-keeping father and not Oz, a guy with suck-me-in blue eyes who can help her understand them both.

Oz wants one thing: to join the Reign of Terror. They're the good guys. They protect people. They're…family. And while Emily—the gorgeous and sheltered daughter of the club's most respected member—is in town, he's gonna prove it to her. So when her father asks him to keep her safe from a rival club with a score to settle, Oz knows it's his shot at his dream. What he doesn't count on is that Emily just might turn that dream upside down.

No one wants them to be together. But sometimes the right person is the one you least expect, and the road you fear the most is the one that leads you home.


What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below with your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!!

28 comments:

  1. Never thought I would say this about a motorcycle club book-but Nowhere but Here sounds really good, Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky are those people who are already reading these books?! Sigh. I hope you'll enjoy these, Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting on both of these too. I think they're going to be awesome.

    Happy mid-week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Stars Never Rise sounds really good, Naomi, and I'm also very excited about Nowhere But Here!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela ReadingCaveApril 29, 2015 at 7:10 PM

    I have seen both of these books today. I really want to read The Stars Never Rise, hello June come on down! Haven't started the Maddox series yet maybe this summer.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica @ a GREAT readApril 29, 2015 at 9:29 PM

    OOoh excellent pick today! ;) I love Rachel Vincent and cannot wait for this new one from her! Seeing a lot of Katie's book too! Hope you love both of these once you read them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nowehere is a great pick because I am super excited for it as well... hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Nowhere but here sitting on my desk! So need to read that one - soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES YES to both of these book. I love both authors! Can't wait to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have my fingers crossed!


    Happy mid-week to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know! Both are going to be great reads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I plan to read it very soon! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know! Rachel Vincent is awesome! Would pick up anything from her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to read The Stars Never Rise! it sounds so amazing. Nowehere But Here was a great book.

    Great WoW picks - Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw No Where But Here earlier on a blog and gah it looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nowhere but Here sounds pretty fantastic! I love Katie McGarry's books, crash into you was my absolute favorite. <3 Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  17. I plan on reading Nowhere but Here very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know! I am excited to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Katie's books too. She has a way with the YA world!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bookworm BrandeeMay 2, 2015 at 1:03 AM

    Both these are on my wishlist!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am keen to read them, I tell ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's Rachel Vincent, such a no brainer for me, I must read it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tell me about it! Getting a few others out of the way and i'm into it!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)