Waiting On Wednesday # 136 – Lux & Kane


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

Lux
Lux (The Nocte Trilogy, #3)Author: Courtney Cole
Series: The Nocte Trilogy #3
Genre: New Adult
Expected Publication: May 2015





LET THERE BE LIGHT.

My name is Calla Price and I’m broken.

My pieces are all around me, floating on the wind, even as I desperately try to grasp them.

Who is dead? Alive? Insane?

What is the truth?

I don’t know.

I do know this: The darkness is strangling me. With every breath, I choke on another lie.

My mind has protected me, but that shield will soon be lowered.

All will be revealed.
Every answer to every question.

It’s all been leading to this.

Don’t be afraid.
Be terrified.

Kane
Kane (Slater Brothers, #3)Author: L.A. Casey
Series: Slater Brothers #3
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Expected Publication: May 5th 2015





Aideen Collins is a free spirit. She is outspoken and tough as nails, but she has to be after growing up in a house full of men. Family means everything to Aideen. Her family consists of her four brothers, her father, and her group of wild friends. Aideen is protective of her family, there is not a lot she wouldn’t do to keep them safe.

Kane Slater is a tortured soul. Literally. He is misunderstood by people, even feared by them thanks to the scars that mar his face and body. He relishes in their fear because people who fear you, won’t want to know you. He likes his circle limited to his brothers and their girlfriends, but a thorn from an Irish rose is dug deep into Kane’s side, and her name is Aideen Collins.

Aideen and Kane don’t get along… at all. Aideen is the only woman who stands up to Kane and throws his bullshit back at him without fear of hurting him. Kane is the only man who can see right through Aideen's tough exterior. He knows her deepest, and darkest secrets. They can’t stand each other, but they want each other. Badly. They hide their need behind arguments, and banter, but when Kane drops his guard for all to see, and succumbs to an illness within his body, it’s Aideen who steps up to the plate to take care of him.

An illness is the least of their worries when a devil from Kane’s past comes back to play with him. Everybody in Kane’s life is threatened, and with his body fighting against him, he doesn’t know if the luck of the Irish is enough to keep his family safe and his demons at bay.

Kane needs Aideen, and what Kane needs, Kane takes.


What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below with your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!!

24 comments:

  1. Oh these look interesting! Especially the second one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy these both once you get your hands on them - I like the cover of the first book <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Slater brothers are great to read about!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to catch up on the Nocte series soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I like these. I've been meaning to start The Nocte Trilogy but haven't got around to it yet. Think I might wait now for the release of this one and then attempt to read them in series.


    Hope all is well and that the kids got off to a good start in Term 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the first one, I wanted to read them together too.


    Term has started well... good to have Mummy time back *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Naomi! Both Lux and Kane sound like my kind of stories, and I hadn't even heard of them before. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela ReadingCaveApril 15, 2015 at 6:52 PM

    For some reason I have no desire to read The Nocte Trilogy. Maybe your review will change my mind. Kane sounds like an awesome read, need to start this series soon.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica @ a GREAT readApril 15, 2015 at 9:38 PM

    OOh nice! I keep seeing this Noctre Trilogy around, but can't make heads or tails of it. Is it a paranormal kind of read? Or not? I get the "weird" or "odd" vibe from it, but then I can't figure it out either! LOL! I am basically a puddle of confusion over this one!

    Hope you enjoy both reads once you read them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you read the Nocte books, Naomi? I can't remember...I'm curious about them. And Kane...*wipes drool* I like his cover. ;) I am sleepy still - coffee hasn't kicked in - so I can't think of an actual title I'm waiting for. So I'll just say I'm waiting for JA Huss' next book! bwahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are new to me but great picks. Hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are great picks! Nocte is on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still need to start The Nocte Trilogy! It seems like it would be a really good read! Lovely picks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love LA Casey's series! I helluva lot of fun with a bit of suspense!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Slater Brother series! The guys are a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the first book and read some good reviews... I just need to get into it and find out I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't as yet, but i have the first one. And you need to read the Slater Brothers books ... so good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks girl, I have my fingers crossed for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You really are a series junkie my friend..these both sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know! I can't help it... gotta keep on reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still need to read Courtney Cole's series. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read this one myself, but I have the first book.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)