Waiting On Wednesday # 134 – An Ember in the Ashes & Fervent


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating.

An Ember in the Ashes
An Ember in the AshesAuthor: Sabaa Tahir
Genre: Fantasy
Expected Publication: April 28th 2015





Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.

Fervent
Fervent (Condemned, #3)Author: Gemma James
Series: Condemned #3
Genre: Dark Romance
Expected Publication: April 30th 2015




Fervent is the third book in the Condemned series.

I never imagined things could get worse, but they do. The men who took us show no mercy. They won’t stop until they’ve destroyed Rafe for something he has no memory of, and I’m their weapon of choice.

Tortured and defiled, they make me wish I was back in that cabin where death was favorable to drawing another breath, but our captors can’t break what’s already broken.

What scares me is the madness I see festering inside Rafe. I’ve taken his freedom, his career, his reputation, yet despite all I’ve done, he’s determined to fight for me, kill for me, give everything he is for me.

He’ll even die for me.

NOTE TO READERS: FERVENT is a new adult dark romance with disturbing themes and explicit content, including sexual scenes and violence that may offend some. Intended for mature audiences. Part three of the CONDEMNED series. This is not a stand-alone read! Please begin with TORRENT and RAMPANT, otherwise, FERVENT might not make much sense.


What are you waiting for? Please leave a comment below with your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!!

10 comments:

  1. Interesting choices this week. Both are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *screams* I'm excited for An Ember in the Ashes as well xD Great picks! <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica @ a GREAT readApril 1, 2015 at 10:43 PM

    Nice! Seeing the first one a LOT lately!! Starting to get curious about it!!

    Hope you enjoy both of these once you read them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO want to read An Ember in the Ashes! It sounds absolutely perfect for me!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited for Ember as well.. sounds like it will be a good one! Hope you get a chance to read them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Wow! I'm liking the book cover for Fervent! Sexy!!! Nice picks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these choices, Naomi! I hope you'll enjoy both. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these sound interesting. I've read some good things about An Ember in the Ashes. And Fervent, that one just looks hot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh!! FERVENT! I can't freaking wait for this one. How did I not know it was upcoming?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)