Sneak Peek ~ Fall to You by Lexi Ryan

Title: Fall to You
Author: Lexi Ryan
Series: Here and Now #2
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Published: June 2014







Fall to You is the second book in the Here and Now series. It is not a stand-alone and is intended to be read following Lost in Me. Hanna’s story concludes in book three, All for This.

Torn between two men…

When I woke up after the accident, I couldn’t remember anything from the last year—including my relationship with Max Hallowell or anything about Nate Crane. Now my memories are returning, but instead of answering my questions, they’re leaving me with more.

The man who broke my heart and wants to be my future…

Max is all I ever wanted, and now he wants to marry me. He’ll do everything he can to fill my life with love, family, and security. I need those things now more than ever. But can I trust him?

The man who stole my heart and wants to let me go…

Nate never made me promises, and I never asked him to. I’d been on the rebound, looking for a distraction, and he made me feel beautiful and wanted when I needed to feel those things most. He says he has to let me go, but what if I can’t let go of him?

With every revelation and every passing day, I feel more like Alice down the rabbit hole. I’m falling. Who will catch me?

Three Months Before Hanna’s Accident

Nate

 I haven’t slept all night with a woman next to me since before my son was born, yet here I am, holding her like I’m some closet romantic who doesn’t plan to send her on her way in a couple of hours. I loved every fucking minute of sleeping with her in my arms. I love how she reached for me in her sleep, how she rubbed her ass against my cock as if trying to wiggle a puzzle piece into place. And maybe a puzzle is the right analogy, because her body fits so damn perfectly against mine that I feel like something’s missing when she rolls away.
She’s on her back now, a hand reaching out, fingers resting on my bicep as if she’s afraid I might escape. The women I take to my bed tend to react that way, but I know it has little to do with my mad bedroom skills. For them, it’s about status, a notch in their bedpost of celebrities. What’s it about for Hanna?
The air conditioner cycles on, parting the curtains and bathing her in morning light that reminds me I should be urging her out of my bed. Only I don’t want her to go anywhere. I’m too enthralled by the dark smudge of her lashes against her cheeks and the soft parting of her full lips. She has these faint freckles across the bridge of her nose, another detail in this study in contrasts—the sweet, insecure virgin who doesn’t understand her own appeal and the wanton goddess who sucked me so hard and pulled my dick so deep she’s no doubt ruined me for all other blowjobs. And the way she responds when I touch her…
Hanna’s a virgin, but she was made for sex. Damn, how I envy the man who will get to introduce her to that pleasure. Will it be the ex? Max?
Something flames in my gut at the thought, but I ignore the flare of jealousy. She still loves him. I’m nothing more than the rebound guy, and I should be glad for that because I can’t offer her more than this.
“Mmm,” she moans, her eyes fluttering open and closed again as if she can’t quite convince them to greet the day. “What are you looking at?”
“You.”
She pats her hair before tugging the sheet up to cover her bare breasts. “Not much to look at before coffee. I’m probably a mess.”
“A beautiful mess,” I growl, tugging the sheet back down. “Don’t interrupt me. I was trying to play connect-the-dots with your freckles.”
She raises a brow but doesn’t try to re-cover herself. “How’s that work?”
“Well, they obviously start here,” I murmur, touching the bridge of her nose. “Then they pick up again here…” I drag my finger down her nose, over her soft lips, and to her collarbone, where a few more freckles are sprinkled.
“Not much of a treasure hunt.”
“Oh, you see, the amateur might think that’s the end of the trail, but I am an expert at connect-the-dots, and I don’t give up so easily.”
“Oh. Good. I was worried.”
I shake my head and press a quick kiss to her lips. “I won’t let you down. But are you ready for the next part?”
“I don’t know? Is it hangman? I’m not sure I want you playing hangman with my freckles.” Her smile damn near bowls me over.
“Still connecting the dots, but you see, it’s about intuition when the going gets tough like this, and for my intuition to work at its best, I need to stop searching with my fingers and take over with my tongue.”
She giggles. “Oh really?”
I climb on top of her, resting on my elbows, and she instinctively draws up her knees so my torso rests between her thighs. My cock aches, demanding that I slide up her body and get closer. Fuck. It wants more than to be close. It wants inside her. Tight and hot and deep. But I ignore it and lower my mouth to the freckles on her collarbone.
The taste of her skin on my tongue makes me hungry for more. I want to lick her clit again, to slide my tongue inside her until she loses control and rocks her hips in that sweet rhythm of fucking.
Instead, I trail my tongue down between her breasts and to the lone freckle beneath her sternum. “Found it,” I murmur before gently nipping her skin.
She arches toward my mouth. “Your tongue has a rather impressive intuition.”

“Oh, and it’s not even done yet.”


Once a college English professor, I now write full time. I live in rural Indiana, where, when I’m not writing, I get to hang out with my husband and two kids–a six-year-old boy and a two-year-old hellion, er, girl. Not surprisingly, reading and writing remain my favorite activities, though both come in bits and pieces these days, not the big hunks of time I enjoyed before I had children. When I’m feeling virtuous, I like to go running (I use that word liberally. I’m really, really slow) or do yoga. Don’t worry, I’m always careful to balance out such activities with a hearty serving of ice cream or a chocolate martini.


Other reviews featuring Lexi Ryan

Here and Now series
Lost in Me #1


15 comments:

  1. Sigh ... There are too many dang series that I need to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I LOVED the first book! Cannot wait to read this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds great! Naomi + NA Contemp = <3 *tee hee* Looking forward to your review!!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sounds of this!!! Thanks for sharing the excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing my sneak peek of FALL TO YOU! I'm so excited to share this book with everyone! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, interesting. I have all kinds of questions now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah! I absolutely must read this series, Naomi. Hmm, I think I might have one-clicked Lost in Me...really, I have to make time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I did one-click it. Will try to read it in June. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know! I'm loving the NA genre!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome. I just love Nate... so happy to share him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am excited to read it! Thank you so much for stopping by! I love having the authors visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uh huh!! I love this series so far, I am definitely reading this book next!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you do, my review for this one will be up in June too! Squee!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely enjoyed that excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm.... I'm looking forward to reading it! Just getting some scheduled posts out of the way first!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)