Review ~ Under Locke by Mariana Zapata

Under LockeUnder Locke by Mariana Zapata
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Mariana Zapata builds worlds and characters that I can’t help but love. She spins some elements that pull on your heart strings, but you can’t deny the passion and loyalty that the characters have for one another. Iris and Dex were such beautiful characters to get to know and watching Iris find her own feet after what she had been through and what she lost was was hard but sweet.

Dex didn’t make it easy for her. He was hard on Iris to begin with, but I could see that she was getting under his skin, especially when she started to stand up for herself, and trouble landed at her feet. I loved how possessive Dex became and how he let Iris take her time to come to realise her feelings. They were perfect together, and it was surprising to see the big behemoth be won over by the little lady. I also loved the Motorcycle Club, Dex's employees and how close they all were.


Title: Under Locke
Author: Mariana Zapata
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: January 19, 2014

He was my boss, my brother’s friend, a Widower, an ex-felon, and a man I’d seen casually with a handful of women. But he was everything that gripped me, both the good and the bad. Worst case scenario if things turned awkward between us, I could go somewhere else. I’d gotten over epic heartbreak before, one more wouldn’t kill me.

After moving to Austin following six months of unemployment back home, Iris Taylor knows she should be glad to have landed a job so quickly... even if the business is owned by a member of the same motorcycle club her estranged father used to belong to. Except Dex Locke might just be the biggest jerk she’s ever met. He’s rude, impatient and doesn’t know how to tell time.

And the last thing they ever expected was each other.

But it was either the strip club or the tattoo shop.

… she should have chosen the strip club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)