Review ~ Beautiful Broken Mess by Kimberly Lauren

Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken, #2)Beautiful Broken Mess by Kimberly Lauren
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was looking forward to Jace and Audrey's story and after re-reading the first book, Beautiful Broken Rules as an audible read. Once I finished it I jumped straight into Beautiful Broken Mess, for Jace and Audrey's story.

Audrey was a bit of an odd character in the previous book, seeming to get herself into situations and being a bit bitchy. Seeing her in this book I saw another side to her. Jace I always liked, but I saw more to him in this read too. He was an ass to Audrey at times and it made it hard for both of them. I wasn't sure I liked these characters for a while, but they soon grew into better people.

The story was good, but for me, I didn't enjoy the narration by Eva Kantor as much as I would like. I think she was a little too high pitched and made it hard for me to enjoy the read.


Title: Beautiful Broken Mess
Author: Kimberly Lauren
Series: Broken #2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: January 1, 2012

Jace Riley and Audrey Mills had a tender and irresistibly passionate romance…until Audrey shattered his heart. Years later, she still can’t stop thinking about him. They shared kisses that she’ll never forget, and one brief, explosive encounter that she wishes she could. But no boy could rescue Audrey from her nightmarish home life, so she rescued herself, got through college and got into graduate school…only to find herself at the same school as Jace and his identical twin brother, Jaxon, who has his own complicated history with her.

It takes only one glimpse of Audrey’s long legs and brown eyes for Jace to ache for her once more. Yet he’s determined not to fall for her again. She ripped apart his heart and betrayed his brother…or so he thought. But what if Jace made a terrible mistake about Audrey? And what if he has one last chance to fix it?

New Adult/Adult Contemporary Romance - recommended for ages 18 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)