Review ~ Bad Boys Break Hearts by Micalea Smeltzer

Bad Boys Break Hearts (The Boys, #1)Bad Boys Break Hearts by Micalea Smeltzer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book in Micalea Smeltzer’s The Boys series, but the second book that I have read. I quite enjoyed Mascen and Rory’s story, seeing as they had a connection from when they were young. They started off a little rocky, with both characters unable to admit that they knew each other as children. Mascen began as mean and rude, and I loved the way that Rory would fight back and put him in his place.

Considering what Rory had been through, she had grown into a strong and independent woman. She was determined to keep Mascen away but he slowly worked his way back under her skin. He insisted on her accompanying him home when she would stay on campus alone. The connection was growing between them once again.

Mascen was finding his own way but struggled with most of his relationships, particularly family and friends. He didn’t know how to deal with his feelings, even with his father. He was drawn to Rory and didn’t know what was growing between them or how to deal with it. I enjoyed how this story slowly unfolded and how much Mascen grew throughout the read and how close they all became.

Title: Bad Boys Break Hearts
Author: Micalea Smeltzer
Series: The Boys #1
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Published: May 24, 2020

Mascen Wade, star pitcher of the Aldridge University baseball team, is a lot of things.

Rich.
Hotter than sin.
The campus’s reigning bad boy.

We knew each other once upon a time, but even if I’m named after a princess, it doesn’t mean my life is a fairytale.

My plan is to keep my head down, get my degree, and leave this town.

But the moment Mascen Wade recognizes me all my carefully laid plans come crumbling down. He’s decided he wants to make my life a living hell. But I’m not so easy to push around and won’t put up with his bully playground antics. Too bad for me I’ve never been able to resist him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)