Review ~ Heartless by Michelle Heard

Heartless (Enemies to Lovers #1)Heartless by Michelle Horst
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This wasn’t a bad read, however I felt it was quite rushed. Della was used to flying under the radar, and at the end of college the screw crew noticed her. They boys liked to tease, starting a bet to put her on the list. She was determined not to bend and the banter between them all was amusing. Carter appeared heartless, but there was something about Della that drew him to her, and he tried to be mean to her.

I felt that Carter was a jerk at times, but did 180’s so quickly that even my neck hurt. It was definitely a love/hate relationship, and the connection was strong. Next thing I know, we’ve jumped 4 years and despite the money and connections Carter had, he never found her. Some elements of the book seemed forced in the story, like the chat in the middle of foreplay. Jumping a huge amount of time made my head spin.

I did like Carter and Della together and how good the Screw Crew guys actually were. They stood up for those who became part of their group. They were good to one another. The suspense element further in the book seemed a bit forced, but overall the read was ok.


Title: Heartless
Author: Michelle Heard
Series: Enemies to Lovers #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: August 26, 2017

From International Bestseller Michelle Heard, comes a new, sexy novel in the Enemies To Lovers series.

I’m warned that Carter Hayes is heartless.

He’s part of the screw crew.
He’ll just use you and leave you.
He’s ruthless and always gets what he wants.

Just look for the trail of broken hearts and dreamy sighs, and you’ll find him.

“Hot as sin, Carter.”

I don’t have time to fall head over heels for any guy. Besides, he’d never notice someone like me. I have a three-step plan. Get through college. Get a job. Get my sister out of the hell hole I left her in. That’s all I have time for.

That’s until I hear of the betting pool the guys started. Whoever screws me first gets the money. The moment Carter looks at me, I know it’s only because of the bet.

I tell myself our first kiss is only for show.
I hate my heart for falling for his irresistible charm.

For one foolish moment, I actually want him to be my first earth-shattering love. All it takes for me to give in is a little attention, a cocky smile, and a fake promise of a happily-ever-after.

When I’m surrounded by crumpled sheets and the smell of sex, I realize I let him have me for four hundred dollars.

To save what little pride I have left, I pretend it didn’t mean anything, that he’s just one last screw before we all leave college.

I’ve spent the last four years lying to myself. When I’m ready to take the final step of my plan, and save my sister, guess who walks through my front door?

This is book #1 in the Enemies To Lovers Series. Each book in the series is about a different couple. To get the full experience of their friendship, I'd recommend that you start with Heartless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)