Review ~ Stone Cold by Winter Renshaw

Stone ColdStone Cold by Winter Renshaw
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Stone Cold was a good read, but not one that blew me away. I found it difficult to connect to the characters and their story wasn’t overly exciting. The story alternated between the past and present, so that we could understand the connection between Stone and Jovie.

Stone had lost everything and was lucky to have Jude and his friendship. They were like brothers. However, Stone hid his feelings for Jude's ex Jovie, despite their common interests. I liked seeing the relationship between Stone and Jovie grow and that they realised that there were real feelings between them.

I thought Jude was selfish, and Stone should’ve stood up to him years ago. Jude really was a bit of a jerk, and tried to make everything about himself. The story seemed unfinished, ending pretty abruptly and that a thread wasn’t closed properly. But overall it was a nice relationship and the ending was sweet.
Title: Stone Cold
Author: Winter Renshaw
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Published: May 14, 2022

The most humiliating moment of my life begins with an early morning message from my ex’s notoriously heartless best friend.

Jovie—

In no way does this mean my opinion of you has changed.

I’m reaching out because sometime in the middle of last night you tagged yourself in Jude and Stassi’s engagement photo.

I don’t care if you were drunk or it was unintentional. I suggest you remove it immediately since the wedding is in two months (which I’m sure you know since you were clearly FB stalking them). The damage is done, but no reason to make things more awkward.

You’re welcome.

Stone

I waste no time removing my accidental tag before the sharp-tongued novelist in me fires off a response to the man who harbored extreme and inexplicable hatred of me during the three years I dated his best friend in college.

Only I didn’t expect him to respond.

And nothing could have prepared me for what he would say …

… or for all the ways this gorgeous villain with cruel icy blues would become the biggest plot twist my life had ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)