Review ~ Elite by Ivy Smoak

Elite (Empire High, #2)Elite by Ivy Smoak
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After reading the first book in the series, I had to dive into Elite immediately. I got quite sucked into it, and by the end of the book I was left in shock!

In this read I was hoping to see more growth with Brooklyn, but she remained quite timid throughout the book. There was a moment where she stood up for herself, but quickly went back into her shell. I liked the developing relationship with Brooklyn and her father. She was building friendships but was often pressured into things she didn’t want to do. She began to annoy me as to how naïve she was.

I will be diving into Betrayal… I need to see how the story will go from here!


Title: Elite
Author: Ivy Smoak
Series: Empire High #2
Genre: High School Romance
Published: October 11, 2020

Welcome to the world of the elite.

My mom fell in love with a monster. I know he’s dangerous. And I know my mom never wanted him in my life. I don’t want him in mine either. But I’m being forced to live with him.

I’m stuck in his haunting apartment in a world where I don’t belong. A world full of beautiful people with ugly souls. A world filled with secrets.

And the one person that I thought I could rely on was Matt. But he says my new family is a disease. Does that make me toxic too? Is that why Matt wants to keep me his dirty little secret?

I should have known that all the secrets would come crashing down soon. I just never expected more to break than Matthew freaking Caldwell breaking my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)